Texas Beef Skillet
This Texas Beef Skillet is a super easy recipe that combines the flavors of sloppy joes and meatloaf all into one skillet AND in less than 30 minutes.
Best part about this recipe is the versatility. You can serve it over oven roasted potatoes, mashed potatoes for a deconstructed unique spin on shepherds pie, your favorite rice, or even noodles. Plus, it’s easy enough to make on a weeknight, but yet makes great leftovers so you can easily make a big batch on Sunday and enjoy it all week. AND it’s freezer friendly…I don’t think it get’s any better than that!
- 1 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup, chopped yellow onion
- 1 jalepeno pepper, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp, Worcestshire Sauce (or more to taste)
- 3/4 cup, frozen peas
- 1 can diced tomatoes (with juices)
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- LOTS of chili powder
- Saute peppers & onion in a lightly sprayed skillet for 3 - 5 minutes
- Add ground beef and cook until almost done (drain beef if necessary)
- Add remaining ingredients & spices and cook until the peas are thawed and beef has finished cooking
- Serve over your favorite carb whether it’s potatoes, rice, or noodles. Can also enjoy atop a salad!
Per Serving Calories: 234 Carbs: 8g Fat: 11g Protein: 24g