Rosemary Grilled Carrots
Happy Father’s Day to all the Father’s out there! Are you grilling in honor of Dad’s day today? If so, I have a nutritious and delicious grilled side dish for you with a 5 minute prep time that can’t be beat.
I first have to wish a Happy Father’s Day to two very special father’s in my life. I feel blessed to have such a wonderful Dad who has taught me so many things and has always stood by my side and supported me over the years, love you Dad!
And a Happy (furry) Father’s Day to my husband. That’s right, we act like our pup is a child and therefore celebrate Father’s Day. He’s the best fur-Dad a pup could ask for! They are basically two peas in a pod…as you can tell.
On to the main event, Rosemary Grilled Carrots. Gather up your ingredients folks.
I cheated just a bit on the “garlic” portion of this recipe and used crushed garlic in a jar. It’s a convenience thing and I’m not ashamed. It’s better than garlic powder (which I still use when the time is right), but use the version of garlic that works best for you while getting as close to whole garlic cloves as you can, fresher is always better.
Before you toss out this recipe because it calls for a fresh herb, rosemary, and fresh herbs are too expensive to buy at the grocery store, plant a rosemary plant. Yes, you can always sub dried rosemary, it’s convenient and I get that. BUT, rosemary grows like a weed and you would have to intentionally try to kill it to get rid of it. We potted ours in a little pot on our front patio and it gives us fresh rosemary from early spring all the way through late fall and only requires watering once maybe twice a week. Rosemary is great on vegetables, chicken and anything italian. Totally worth it.
Slightly charred for flavor, but yet a little crunch (no one likes soggy carrots, am I right?) and packed with flavor from fresh (or dried) rosemary and garlic. Delish! I don’t know about you, but I sometimes struggle to come up with healthy side dishes to go with grilled meat. Rosemary Grilled Carrots make for a perfect side because they are easy, healthy (better eat your veggies!), affordable (carrots are cheap) and don’t require you to heat up the house which means it’s a winning grilled side dish.
- 6 (or more) whole carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 sprigs of rosemary, diced
- 1/2 Tbsp crushed garlic
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) for drizzling
- Aluminum foil
- Prep your foil - lightly spray a large sheet of foil with EVOO to prevent sticking
- Peel and dice your carrots, tops removed, add to foil
- Season the carrots - dice rosemary into small pieces and sprinkle on top. Add garlic, salt and pepper and drizzle lightly with EVOO. Mix carrots and spices together on the foil.
- Wrap up foil so you have two edges come together in the middle, fold them over themselves and roll down. Seal up ends of the foil the same way, by folding the foil together so you get a flat sealed pouch.
- Grill seam side down and flip half way through cooking. The carrots are pretty forgiving so grill at the temperature that is best suited for other food on the grill. Total grill time 10-15 minutes.
Does anyone else celebrate Father’s Day with their fur-babies? No, just us? Cool.
How are you celebrating Father’s Day? Do you have a go to favorite grilled side dish?