Quinoa Summer Salad
Looking for a healthy side dish to bring to your weekend barbeque? This Quinoa Summer Salad is the perfect match for a get together with friends and family. Only a few simple ingredients and you have a fresh and tangy side dish.
I made a batch of this on Sunday and enjoyed it with my lunches the rest of the week. It was a fantastic compliment to these salmon patties and made packing my lunch each day so easy. I had it portioned out into individual containers and could just grab one to toss in with my lunch.
I will definitely be making this again!
- 1 cup quinoa, dry
- 1 cucumber peeled & cubed
- 1 container cherub grape tomatoes
- 4 springs fresh basil, diced
- 1 3.8 oz. can sliced black olives
- 3 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Rinse quinoa in fine mesh colander to remove bitterness. Cook according to package directions on the stove top (usually 2:1 ratio water to quinoa)
- Let quinoa cool completely in refrigerator
- Slice tomatoes in half
- Add all ingredients to quinoa and stir well
- Refrigerate for 1 hour (minimum) before serving to allow flavors to marinate.
Calories: 168; Carbs 22g; Fat 7.5g; Protein 4g