Peanut Butter Power Balls
Peanut Butter Power Balls are a great on-the-go snack that gives you that energy boost to get you through the afternoon lull.
There are about a gazillion unique recipes for different “energy bites” recipes out there. Some of them are fantastic (like this one!) and others are super dense and packed with sugar. What I love about this recipe is the basic ingredients. Nothing funky here. They are similar to a no bake cookie, but not “IN YO FACE” rich as the puffed rice cereal lightens them up and adds the perfect amount of crunch.
This recipe is so popular in our house that I have it written down on a post it note taped to the inside of a cupboard door. This recipe and our pizza crust recipe. Every household needs a perfect pizza crust recipe with in arm reach, I mean how else do you make homemade pizza on a near weekly basis!?
- 1 cup Dry, Rolled Oats
- 2 Tbsp, Raw Shelled Hemp Seed
- 1/3 cup, Honey
- 1/2 cup, Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup, Crispy Brown Rice - Cereal
- 1/4 cup, Dried fruit such as currants, diced dried cherries, small raisins
- 1 tsp(s), Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup, Flaked Unsweetened Coconut
- Dice dried fruit into very small pieces if you are using larger raisins or dried fruit.
- Add dry ingredients to a bowl and stir well to make sure the fruit doesn’t clump together.
- Add peanut butter (at room temperature or slightly softened if it’s stiff)
- Add honey
- Stir well to combine.
- Place in refrigerator (covered) for 1 hour
- Using a cookie dough scoop (or large spoon) scoop out batter and roll around in your hands forming a well packed 1 inch ball.
- *PRO TIP: Have your hands slightly damp when rolling the mixture into balls to prevent it from sticking to your hands.
- Store covered in refrigerator for up to 1 week. Trust me...they won’t last longer than that anyway!
Makes 18 balls Serving size - 2 balls:
Calories: 211 Carbs: 25g Fat: 11g Protein: 6g