10 Minute Salmon Cakes
Dusting off the ole blog with a fantastic lunch recipe! I’ve been on a major salad burnout for well…months now, eek! These quick and easy salmon cakes are a perfect option to break up the salad rut.
I think you will be pleasantly surprised by how easy these are to make. These salmon cakes have become a recurring part of my Sunday meal prep setting me up for a week of delicious lunches. I usually have them with some roasted vegetables, couple slices of avocado, and a piece of fruit.
I’m hoping you will be seeing me post more recipes here on the blog. I’m taking a more simple approach with just one or two good photos rather than EIGHT or more so hopefully it’s more manageable. That, and I have a new audience for my blogging…Hi Eat To Perform friends! I’m doing a little side project with the fantastic company called Eat To Perform (ETP) and I couldn’t be more excited! Sharing my love of cooking, recipe creation, and helping people find easy, delicious, AND healthy recipes? Yes, please! That’s one part of the project anyway, but after becoming a believer in everything ETP 6 months ago I now get to give back to the ETP community in several different ways; my little ole blog just happens to be one of them.
- 1+ tsp, Red Chili Paste (I like the Sambal Oelek brand)
- 1 can (171 grams), Wild Alaskan Pink Salmon
- 1/2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup, Chopped Red Onion
- 1/4 cup, Quick Oats
- 1/4 cup Liquid Egg Whites
- 1/2 tsp(s), Lemon juice
- Mix ingredients together in a bowl and form into 2 balls.
- Squeeze out excess liquid and form into ½ inch thick patties.
- Heat skillet with sesame oil over medium/high heat.
- Place patties into pre-heated skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Enjoy immediately or store in fridge to reheat later.
- Note: Use more red chili paste if you want them to be spicy!
Calories: 184 Carbs: 9g Fat: 6g Protein: 25g